Ombudsman SA investigates complaints about South Australian government and local government agencies and conducts freedom of information reviews. For more information on freedom of information reviews, or to make an application click here. (link to FOI review page)
If you have a complaint about one of these, the Ombudsman’s office may be able to assist you. Anyone can lodge a complaint, and the Ombudsman can also receive information about State and local government activities confidentially from Public Interest Disclosure.
In the first instance you should contact the department / council / agency you have a complaint about to attempt to resolve your complaint with them directly. If you are still unable to resolve your complaint, please complete an online complaint form.
I have a complaint about
- South Australian Government department or agency
- Local Government organisation eg Council
- Commonwealth Government agency eg Centerlink, Child Support Agency, ATO
- Consumer matters involving private businesses
- Healthcare and community services
- Legal practitioner, Police
- Employment, workers compensation / ReturnToWorkSA
- Utilities – electricity, gas, telephone, internet
- Banking, insurance or superannuation matter
- Education and training
If you require assistance
Non-English speaking people can receive assistance from the Translating and Interpreter Service (TIS) https://www.tisnational.gov.au/en/Non-English-speakers on 131 450.
If you are deaf, or have a hearing or speech impairment the National Relay Service http://relayservice.com.au/ is available and can be contacted on 133 677 (TTY/voice calls) or 1300 555 727 (Speak & Listen) .
Alternative ways to make a complaint
PO Box 3651
RUNDLE MALL SA 5000
Level 5, Westpac House
91 King William Street
ADELAIDE SA 5000
Telephone: (08) 8226 8699
Toll free: 1800 182 150 (outside metro SA only)
Facsimile: (08) 8226 8602