Directions and guidelines

These directions and guidelines outline the reporting requirements for South Australian public officers and authorities to report misconduct and maladministration to the Ombudsman.

Find out more about the directions and guidelines

We can look into complaints about:

State government

Including government departments (eg. Department for Correctional Services, Department for Child Protection) and state authorities (eg. Housing SA, Public Trustee)

Local government

Local councils and their elected members

Return to work

Breaches of the service standards and other administrative acts of Return to Work corporation and self-insured agencies

We can also help with: