Welcome to the Ombudsman South Australia website. The Ombudsman is independent, and
- investigates complaints about South Australian government and local government agencies
- conducts audits of these agencies
- reviews freedom of information determinations of these agencies
- supports the implementation of the Information Sharing Guidelines across government
- receives information about state and local government activities confidentially from whistleblowers.
Telephone: (08) 8226 8699
Toll free: 1800 182 150 (outside metro SA only)
Facsimile: (08) 8226 8602
Please address ALL correspondence to the POSTAL ADDRESS
Street address: Level 9, 55 Currie Street, Adelaide SA 5000
Postal address: PO Box 3651, Rundle Mall SA 5000
If you would like to lodge a complaint, start here.
What can we help you with?
- What is your complaint about?
- Who can you complain about?
- Whistleblower protection
- Freedom of information applications
- Information Sharing Guidelines
- Complaints about us
- Contact us
The Ombudsman, Wayne Lines, is a member of the Australian and New Zealand Ombudsman Assocation (ANZOA). Established in 2003, ANZOA is a professional association and the peak body for Ombudsmen in Australian and New Zealand. ANZOA’s members are individual Ombudsmen working in not-for-profit industry-based, parliamentary and other statutory offices, which meet accepted high standards of independence, impartiality and effectiveness, and which observe the Benchmarks for Industry-Based Customer Dispute Resolution (CDR Benchmarks). Through the Ombudsman’s membership of ANZOA, our staff benefit from the professional development opportunities offered by participation in ANZOA’s interest groups for staff who perform similar roles. More information at www.anzoa.com.au