Lodge a complaint

Before you lodge a complaint we suggest you read our complaints section. We will not usually investigate your complaint unless you have already lodged a complaint with the agency concerned – see our what is your complaint about section for contact information. We also expect that you will have given the agency time to respond, and that you have followed up your complaint (usually with senior management).

If your complaint is not about a South Australian state government department (or authority), or a South Australian local government council, then it may be outside the jurisdiction of Ombudsman SA and we might not be able to assist you.

We will use the information from this form to consider your complaint.This may mean giving some of your personal information to others. The information you submit will be stored in our complaints tracking database. If we publish a document or report about our investigation, this may include information which can identify you.

If you wish to make an anonymous complaint, enter “Anonymous” as your name. Keep in mind though, that the Ombudsman SA will not be able to contact you if we require further details to investigate your concerns.

If you require assistance in lodging a complaint

Non-English speaking people can receive assistance from the Translating and Interpreting Service (TIS) on 131 450.

If you are deaf, or have a hearing or speech impairment the National Relay Service http://relayservice.com.au/ is available and can be contacted on 133 677 (TTY/voice calls) or 1300 555 727 (Speak & Listen) .

Make a complaint

Before commencing to lodge a complaint on the form, please read the information above.  Further information regarding the jurisdiction of Ombudsman SA can be found on the ‘What is your complaint about?’ page (Please note that on this page you will need to click on the topic to expand the information to see whether or not Ombudsman SA has jurisdiction over these types of complaints).

You can make a complaint here.