This site is operated in compliance with the Government of South Australia’s information privacy principles (IPPs) http://dpc.sa.gov.au/sites/default/files/pubimages/Circulars/PC012_Privacy_0.pdf.
This site collects and uses the following information from users:
- A record of your visit and logs the information for statistical purposes. This can include your IP address, the date and time of your visit, the pages accessed and documents downloaded, the previous website visited and the type of browser used. This information is analysed to determine the site’s usage statistics. No attempt will be made to identify users except in the event of an investigation where a law enforcement agency has exercise a warrant to inspect our log files.
- We retain the email address of people who send emails through the forms facility for the purpose of sending a response. Form submissions are stored in a secure area within the Ombudsman SA’s system and will not be disclosed without your consent.
- You should note that there are inherent risks associated with transmission of information via the Internet. You should make your own assessment of the potential risks to the security of your information when making a decision as to whether or not you should utilise this site. There are alternative ways to obtaining information from, and contact Ombudsman SA for those users who do not wish to use the Internet. See our Contact us page for further details.
- This site contains links to other websites that are included on the basis of containing content related to the work of Ombudsman SA. When a user has clicked on a link to another website, they leave this site and this privacy and security statement does not apply to those websites.
- The content of this privacy and security statement may be updated from time to time, so we suggest that if you return to this site on a regular basis that you carefully read the information provided.